Knowing that youth today are struggling more than ever before this powerful three-part series will consider what we can do, as we listen to personal mental health journeys. It will provide opportunities to learn about how we can manage the negative aspects of social media while promoting the opportunities related to action and advocacy. Finally, it will ask critical questions about research and policy for supporting youth well-being.
CONTENT WARNING: This series includes discussion about depression, suicide, and suicidal ideation.
- Host, Gita Jaffe, PhD, Senior Policy and Global Affairs Advisor at Global Alliance for Behavioral Health and Social Justice, bhjustice.org
- Guest Co-host, Amber Burke-Garcia, PhD, MA, Director of Digital Strategy and Outreach, NORC at the University of Chicago
- Michaeline Jensen, PhD, Assistant Professor in the Clinical Psychology Program and the Director of the Interactions and Relationships Lab (IRL) at UNCG
- Shavonne Reed, Founder & CEO of OPUA Agency, opua.agency
- Daylee Baker, Social Impact at MTV Entertainment Group, mentalhealthishealth.us